About Me

My photo
Welcome to my crafty world! I am proud mum to three gorgeous kids, a wife to a supportive husband, and a self confessed craft addict. I am continually inspired to create and would love to share this journey with you. My current obsession is crochet and spinning. I can be contacted at maudeandme@bigpond.com

Friday, 22 April 2011

Secret River Country

Amazing combination  - the river and The Old Great North Road. This was how we spent Good Friday. The walk along the road offers stunning views of the Wisemans area and is steeped in history.



Convict Road and MacDonald River
 The road was built by 720 convicts - some in chains.


Hangmans Rock

Work finished up on it in 1836.


Curved section Convict Road
 Some parts of the wall reach 12 metres high!


Convict Road
 It begins in Sydney and ends in The hunter region- 264km.





MacDonald River

This is in my neighbourhood. What's in yours?

1 comment:

  1. Impossible to imagine some of the stuff those convicts were made to do. And the conditions they did it in. Our place is full of gold mines. We really should get a metal detector one of these days.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Much appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...