About Me

My photo
Welcome to my crafty world! I am proud mum to three gorgeous kids, a wife to a supportive husband, and a self confessed craft addict. I am continually inspired to create and would love to share this journey with you. My current obsession is crochet and spinning. I can be contacted at maudeandme@bigpond.com

Wednesday, 18 May 2011

My Creative Space

Yes you could say I have been having my own little beanie fest.
It started with the arrival of some new bendigo rustic yarn.


wineberry

berry - now in the maudeandme shop


And of course little miss wanted one. So I struct a deal - if she wanted one to wear to school it had to be in the school colours.... but she could have a flower!

 And I also made some for the grown ups in rustic peppercorn and rustic sandstone from Bendigo. Soon to be going to the Ferry Artist Gallery






We also had a little adventure on the weekend to Laguna Markets. It was a very tiny market however it had 2 big finds. Firstly my husband found some woodfired bread  (still warm) for only $3. He and the kids devoured it on our picnic. And secondly I found  this handspun wool undyed. It was only $10 for 160g, which I thought was great. Am still thinking what to create with it. Another beanie, or maybe a cushion..... What do you think?



Looking for more inspiration  ?-  pop over to our creative spaces.

10 comments:

  1. Good deal - both on the school colours in the beanie and the undyed wool. I'd go for something you can look at and touch rather than wear. The suggested cushion sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful beanies! love the little flowers.

    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Bendigo yarn it is lovely to knit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely beanies, you can never have too many!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the beanies.

    I think a cushion would be nice with your new wool. Then you could snuggle it all year round not just in winter like a beanie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooh, just love those hats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the beanies. The little flowers on them are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Trudi, these 'beanies' are little words of art(calling them a beanie hardly seems to do them justice!) Very lovely indeed. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never tire of making beanies. Yours are lovely! Made lots and lots when I first started crocheting. They are starting to look a bit snug on my girls. May be time for some new ones. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Much appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...