About Me

My photo
Welcome to my crafty world! I am proud mum to three gorgeous kids, a wife to a supportive husband, and a self confessed craft addict. I am continually inspired to create and would love to share this journey with you. My current obsession is crochet and spinning. I can be contacted at maudeandme@bigpond.com

Wednesday, 25 May 2011

My Creative Space

When I saw this pattern on Ravelry I just had to try it straight away.


As usual I altered it slightly from the original.
 Instead of sewing seams, I mostly crocheted seams. And I made the beak ever so slightly bigger.


I will definetly be making more. It is a  great way to use up the cotton. The next one I will be using a smaller hook( maybe a 3.5 or smaller), as I wasn't happy with the gaps in the stitches (htb) through to the stuffing.

This is what I'm working on now. Another ruffle scarf, but with a different edging. Am also using that lovely homespun wool from last week. More about that soon!
And apparantly it turns out I wasn't being a woose with my finger.
Today I ventured to the doctors as I still had a numb finger tip. I have either squashed or severed a nerve, but hopefully it will mend eventually....But I did leave the doctors with my finger bandaged up to the next finger for a splint. As I wouldn't go get a Xray( a 2 hour return trip at least - no way!) I have it splinted as a suspected fracture for 2 weeks. SO I was concerned about my ability to crochet. But phew -still can, it has just slowed me down.

Looking for more inspiration? Pop over to Our Creative Spaces

9 comments:

  1. Cute! Good news about the finger too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute little birdie- and I love the colour for your ruffle scarf! Hope your finger recovers soon!

    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The birdie is so cute! Hope your finger gets sorted out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute. I don't know how to knit or crochet yet but I'm on Ravelry and will have to add this project for when I can. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is anything in the birdie? Or just decoration? I haven't visited Ravelry yet! Ruffly scarf sounds nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, what a wonderful blog you have here. I'd love to join you on your journey so i'll become a 'follower' now! Thanks for visiting me... have a snoop around and you'll find the finished choc product!

    xo em

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your finger mends quickly! :) Good for you still being able to crochet though!!! It's a very cute bird - love the colours you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaawww! He's gorgeous! Love his bead feet! But wow, what a trooper you are to continue with that flying hook despite an injury. Hope your finger heals fast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute and I love those ruffled scarves! I haven't came across any natural dye tutorials. But if I do I will be sure to share the link. Wishing you a happy week. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Much appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...