My mission was to create a cover for a hot water bottle for The Hottie Challenge.
My own requirements were as follows:
- had to be crochet
- no sewing involved
- had to be a quick project
- A simple entry point for the hot water bottle
- Tototally functional
I did aim for a liquorice allsorts effect(not sure I achieved this).
So with no pattern in front of me I chained, I crocheted in the round with dc and then trebled away. To make it quicker I even crocheted in loose ends as I went.
And for a simple entry I did a drawstring closure
When I completed it , I searched for my hot water bottle for functionality. It's cover was a very aged pillow slip. This sure beats a pillow slip.
And it fitted perfectly.
Thankyou Cam for organising this. It's on it's way to the post office tomorrow. And it made me join flickr too!