About Me

My photo
Welcome to my crafty world! I am proud mum to three gorgeous kids, a wife to a supportive husband, and a self confessed craft addict. I am continually inspired to create and would love to share this journey with you. My current obsession is crochet and spinning. I can be contacted at maudeandme@bigpond.com

Saturday, 21 May 2011

What a Hottie!


My mission was to create a cover for a hot water bottle for The Hottie Challenge.
My own requirements were as follows:
  • had to be crochet
  • no sewing involved
  • had to be a quick project
  • A simple entry point for the hot water bottle
  • Tototally functional
I did aim for a liquorice allsorts effect(not sure I achieved this).
So with no pattern in front of me I chained, I  crocheted in the round with dc and then trebled away. To make it quicker I even crocheted in loose ends as I went.



And for a simple entry I did a drawstring closure

When I completed it , I searched for my hot water bottle for functionality. It's cover was a very aged  pillow slip. This sure beats a pillow slip.
And it fitted perfectly.

Thankyou Cam for organising this. It's on it's way to the post office tomorrow. And it made me join flickr too!


4 comments:

  1. it looks great!! I really need to get myself a hot water bottle, I've wanted one for a long time but never actually bought one, now that I'm seeing the covers that can be made, I so NEED one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's gorgeous - you totally have the licorice allsort effect going.
    The drawstring closure is ingenious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic result! I love how you set yourself rules and then followed them to a T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! I love your list of musts. And it so definitely looks like a licorice allsort. I'd better get a move on eh'.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Much appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...