About Me

My photo
Welcome to my crafty world! I am proud mum to three gorgeous kids, a wife to a supportive husband, and a self confessed craft addict. I am continually inspired to create and would love to share this journey with you. My current obsession is crochet and spinning. I can be contacted at maudeandme@bigpond.com

Wednesday, 22 June 2011

My Creative Space


Was so inspired by Jill's beautiful cowl from last week's linky creative space.
And she kindly shared the pattern with us. Have wanted to try a cowl and just couldn't quite find a pattern that spoke to me.


This one did. Since I was using quite a chunky 8 ply ( rustic"wineberry" from Bendigo woollen mills) with 6mm hook I did reduce the beginning chains to 28 which gave 5 diamonds.


Didn't put buttons on this one, as I wanted  some versatility in ways to wear it, so I have been trying out a few of my pins on it. Pink is not really my colour though (it was what I had though) , so not sure what I am going to do with it...

But then I got the cowl bug and made this cowl using the V stitch. Again this is rustic "peppercorn" from bendigo woolen mills. I used about 50g. This time I added some wooden buttons that I had pulled off a vest. And I am hooked on cowls now - so warming.

 I did have a splurge last week and bought myself a tea towel from Nic at Yardage Design. I had another place in mind in the kitchen, but it proved too big for that area. But am more than happy with it here and Steve did a super job of making a frame for it and then he even stretched it for me.
Still want to find something for the original empty space...

And then ....another thing on my ever growing "to try" list was a sunnies case.
So picked a trio of bright colours in 5ply ( but really feels like 8ply) cotton and 3.5 hook, and htr'd away. Made the pattern up as I went along.
What do you think?




AND THEN I made a bag with leftover skirt fabric. But more about that another time.

Go to our creative spaces for more creativity.

7 comments:

  1. I can't believe how many creative things you get through. I'm looking forward to when I get to the stage where I don't have to redo everything over and over, so that I actually manage to complete more things. Beautiful pin and you've done a fantastic job of the glasses case. I've never tried wearing a cowl either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pink little scarf so pretty with its pin!Well done!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you photographed your gorgeous cowels on the dummy. I so need to get myself one of them. I love the cowel with the buttons, just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Trudi

    It is so pretty. Very celver of you with changing the size and working it all out. I love the idea of pins, I think I will try it on another one I am making for a gift. I have come to really like cowls too, short and sweet and they dont get caught in things.

    You certainly been prolofic this week. Wonder what your next week will hold.

    All the best.

    xxx
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cowl with your pin, it looks great! And your sunnies case is perfect, I like the colours you have used!
    All the best for you! Barbina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Much appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...