About Me

My photo
Welcome to my crafty world! I am proud mum to three gorgeous kids, a wife to a supportive husband, and a self confessed craft addict. I am continually inspired to create and would love to share this journey with you. My current obsession is crochet and spinning. I can be contacted at maudeandme@bigpond.com

Wednesday, 1 June 2011

MyCreative Space



Tuesday I cleaned the house, even cleaned the verandah, I sorted out my children's old school work from last year, I did 3 loads of washing, and I even made marmalade. All before midday.
So I couldn't avoid any longer what I'd been avoiding all morning.



So I began crocheting all 120 squares together. And now its done. YAY!. I can start on the fun part now and am in the home stretch for my skirt. And we can use our dining room table again. Not that it's used for dinners, more that I use it for folding clothes on!
So stay tuned, I think it will be finished soon.

 

And I just have to share with you this fantastically easy marmalade recipe. I googled "easy marmalade recipes" and came up with this from food.com

It is so unbelievabley easy. This was my first attempt.I made half quantity as this was what I had available in the pantry.

Marmalade

Directions:

Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
1.        1 Take the 6 citrus fruits and wash well, removing any blemishes.
2.        2 Cut into quarters, and place in a food processor.
3.        3 Chop until finely ground, skin and all.
4.        4 For an optional extra add some crystallized ginger. ( i didn't add this)
5.        5 Boil with the 1 kilo of sugar, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon, for 20 minutes.
6.        6 It splatters, so be careful.
7.        7 This quantity fills about 5 x 340 gram jars ( I sterelised jars).
8.        8 Do not double the ingredients, rather make two batches.

Have you been avoiding something in you sewing /craft basket?

For more creative wonders pop over to ourcreativespaces

8 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't believe you got all that done before midday!! What a great day for getting things done for you!

    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - that's a lot of stuff done before midday - and you made marmalade too?! I have to go lie down just thinking about all that activity. You're amazing. Thanks for sharing the easy marmalade recipe. I'm bookmarking it to try sometime this summer. I love marmalade. The squares look amazing linked together like that. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a LOT of stuff to get done by midway! Well done on all the crocheting. It must feel fab to have THAT job out of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow a productive morning for sure! and then to get all those squares crocheted together too! super woman!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your squares...niice subtle colors. perfect. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So those lovely squares are becoming a skirt? We need to see that when it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tengo ganas de ver la falda terminada, me gusta.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh... A skirt made with granny squares! A perfect idea. Can't wait to see it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Much appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...