About Me

My photo
Welcome to my crafty world! I am proud mum to three gorgeous kids, a wife to a supportive husband, and a self confessed craft addict. I am continually inspired to create and would love to share this journey with you. My current obsession is crochet and spinning. I can be contacted at maudeandme@bigpond.com

Monday, 8 August 2011

All about peace



Kates post about achieving a sense of calm and stillness got me thinking. Of course I have thought about it before but I think I need reminding. On holidays it's easier to achieve a state of peace. We go on holidays to relax , to escape the  pressures and stresses of daily life.... like the non-compliant children ( or more positively phrased the "independant thinking children"), homework times , dinner times (e.g "thats disgusting, I'm not eating that"), sibling fights, leaking gutters , cracked water tank, power outage...again, fights over who's turn on the computer(myself included in this one), all the things that come with 3 children and 2 adults in  a small house...and more recently "I told you not to touch my spinning wheel!"I could go on and on and on.

But this, I think, is normal stuff. So when I came across this quote it just made sense to me.

Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place
where there is no noise , trouble
or hard work, it means to be in
the midst of those things and still
 be calm in your heart.
(unknown)

Amidst the somewhat chaotic times it is hard to find that calmness sometimes. But I guess it is about being aware that it is there when it does happen  and being more focused on it to make it happen. And I did like the Cathy@chunkychooky comment on the post  regarding making a goal of one hour each day to experience this calmness. This seems like a realistic and achievable  goal to focus on. So while I have no mind blowing answers as how to achieve it, I think the first step is to be aware of it's existance.
I am going to put this quote on my sidebar as a reminder to myself.
Now I'm off to enjoy the quiet and lose myself in making a banana cake. Im renaming it "gold cake", as the bananas are still on the exy side.

3 comments:

  1. I would start by 15 minutes of mindfulness a day. Some days that is all I can manage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quote is lovely, Trudi. I try to find peace in my day and, rightly, it is often in the middle of utter chaos!

    I'm dreadful at 'mindfulness' and meditation, though. SO, So bad. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fascintaing reading your post from the other side right now. The holiday side I mean. Life is slower and steadier out here but I am all too aware that at some stage we will head home and it'd be great to work out a way to hold on to this feeling there too. It might be a acse of starting small with just a couple of minutes here and there and building up to a state of mind.
    Not sure.
    Good luck and may peace be with you. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Much appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...