About Me

My photo
Welcome to my crafty world! I am proud mum to three gorgeous kids, a wife to a supportive husband, and a self confessed craft addict. I am continually inspired to create and would love to share this journey with you. My current obsession is crochet and spinning. I can be contacted at maudeandme@bigpond.com

Wednesday, 17 August 2011

my creative space


I set out to make a brooch. But as you can see these are not brooches.
I went off on another tangent and have been playing around with a few of my own ideas.
Lots of circles and links and cottons.


This one evolved out of a want to use a colour combination away from my usual choices. It was a deliberate choice to move out of my comfort zone. And basically  I finished with strands of chains because I was getting tired of the circles! I think it works?

Currently playing with bracelets and working out a fastening mechanism.

   Loved creating this granny mandala. It has been claimed by my daughter.Just need to back so that it can hang on her wall.


And my new addiction. After some really helpful advice from Rie i spun wool!
W hoo!
Bloggy community has been really helpful actually. Sara has been focusing on spinning too.
But now I realise I can't do my usual "muddle my way through a project".
I need professional help.
There are too many mistakes and too many questions I have .

And I'm just not that good at it. My spinning at the moment I call "freeform". My way of saying it lacks consistency. Over spun and underspun. But hey I can only improve.
And after searching and alot of dead ends I managed to find a place where I can learn to spin and buy fleece from. So next week I am off to spinning school. I am a bit nervous about it as I get really self conscious when I am not confident. But it is another case of getting out of my comfort zone.
Send positive thoughts my way for a sunny day sunday. We are doing a local school fete and the forecast isn't great!
Hope its happy creative days with you. Check out more creations here.
Apologies - when ever I go to edit my mistakes the surrounding letters are disappearing. So I gave up.

22 comments:

  1. Love the idea of spinning school! I used to watch my mum spin for hours as a child - it's a real skill. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trudi, those necklaces are really stunning. They are the most creative and original pieces I've seen in yonks. Gorgeousness. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of spinning school too! They do say that accomplished spinners can no longer spin 'fancy' yarn like a newbie can. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liking your link necklace! ANd the colour choices for your mandala is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good on you for learning something new - and the old fashioned way too! Face to face rather than youtube. I'm very excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the necklaces very much; I can't even choose a favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful crochet Trudi the colours on the last piece are divine!And Congratulations for joining the spinning school.Good on you for taking the first step, I am sure you will turn around soon and feel very proud of yourself!Best wishess for the weekend!xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the necklaces! Good of you to learn something new. Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Trudi. Just downloaded the PDF pattern. Really looking forward to trying this xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck a spinning school. You inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous necklaces and now my head is spinning with the possiblity of trying something like this in wire. Mmmm ! Will let you know if it works.
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really respect you for taking on something new and working outside of your comfort zone..both for the necklace and for the spinning. All the best for your spinning class.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're so sweet! Not bad advice from someone who hasn't spun in like, ooh, 10 years or so! BTW, when I spin, I spin thick chunky yarn yet my mum can churn out a smooth 8ply each time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The neck is beautiful and the granny mandala is just great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cute are those necklaces!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really love the links necklaces. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You found a spinning class. Hurray! A live class is definitely the best way to learn. I think freeform creates your own little piece of art. More spinning coming up next week at Tangled Happy. Exciting! Wishing you a happy weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. The necklaces look great - I dont like the bulk at the neck so these are a great idea. Good luck for Sunday - hoping for fine blue sunny skies for you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ah, that old Comfort Zone. I know it well. But goodness, a bit of a challenge is a blast of fresh air. Spin your socks off, woman!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Me encanta la mandala y los collares son muy bonitos.
    Un saludo.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the circle-y necklaces and the bracelets are coming along great too..
    Good luck with the spinning - I'm sure you're going to be a natural at it..

    Jodie :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hope you do a follow up post on spinning school as I'd love to hear how it all went. We have a local spinning group near us and I've been meaning to go along.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Much appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...