About Me

My photo
Welcome to my crafty world! I am proud mum to three gorgeous kids, a wife to a supportive husband, and a self confessed craft addict. I am continually inspired to create and would love to share this journey with you. My current obsession is crochet and spinning. I can be contacted at maudeandme@bigpond.com

Wednesday, 21 September 2011

My Creative Space




We had a special workshop this spinning lesson.
 Handpainting our wool was the order of the day.
Below is my work in progress. We were asked to choose 3 colours. I went for reds and oranges.
 Then we had to choose a colour that acted as a contrast . In this case it was  green.




On other tables beautiful pinks and blue combinations were being used.


And lovely greens and blues.

And this is how mine turned out. Not quite how I envisioned. Quite subtle orange and reds.
Was hoping for more of the orange to be dominant, but  I know what to to do next time!





And some crafting from the kids.
Do you remember this from your school days?

AND sent off my buntings yesterday for Rachael's bunting swap -exciting!

As usual joining ourcreativespaces this week.

9 comments:

  1. Looks like lots of fun - I love hand dying - you never really know what you are going to get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colour, it looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that colour as I prefer colours more muted. No matter what the outcome, hand dying is always awesome fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember those ice-pole stick thingies - they were so much fun to make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like the muted colour.

    I am a bit nervous senind my bunting off, as it is like outsider bunting. But then you think oh yeh I will be getting some bunting sent back to me. Fantastic.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow your wool looks amazing! I would love to be able to colour my own yarn so I am super jealous!!! Leah

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! I think it looks beautiful. About the the legwarmers... I haven't made any for myself. Think my wardrobe is a bit to plain to pull them off. Wishing you a happy weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the combination and the way yours turned out. It is lots of fun isn't it? I do quite abit of hand dyeing and painting and I love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Much appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...