About Me

My Photo
Welcome to my crafty world! I am proud mum to three gorgeous kids, a wife to a supportive husband, and a self confessed craft addict. I am continually inspired to create and would love to share this journey with you. My current obsession is crochet and spinning. I can be contacted at maudeandme@bigpond.com

Wednesday, 12 October 2011

My Creative Space

 You may have read my earlier post about my mum's generosity
Well I making some brooches for her. I don't think she needs all these...maybe she will gift one or two.
 The flower on the left is using  2 strands -one a wool and the other a mohair. And the 7 petal flower is using a very thick yarn- possibly a 10 - 12 ply?

I have used 3 different patterns.
 They all originate from the free spotlight patterns found in the stores.
The only one I haven't changed is the above centre small ruffle flower.
Just use a hook size suitable for your yarn.

Small Ruffle Flower
Rnd 1: 2ch, 6dc in 2nd ch from hook, sl st to 1st dc.
Rnd 2: 2dc in each dc, sl st to front loop of 1st dc.
Rnd3: 1dc in same sp as sl st, *2ch, 1dc in front loop of next dc, rep from * to end of rnd, 2ch, sl st to back loop of 1st dc.
Rnd 4:*3ch, 1dc in back loop of next dc, rep from * to end of rnd, fasten off.

Double Flower
Rnd 1: 2ch, 6dc in 2nd ch from hook, sl st to front loop of 1st dc.
Rnd 2:1dc in same sp as sl st, *2ch, 1dc in front loop of next dc, rep from * 4 times, 2ch, sl st to 1st dc.
Rnd 3: *{1dc,1htr,1tr,1htr,1dc} in next loop, rep from * 5 times, sl st to dc of back loop of previous round.(note: you are now working from the back now)
Rnd 4: *3ch, 1dc in back loop of next dc, rep from*5 times, sl st to 1st dc.
Rnd 5: *{1dc,1htr,2tr,1dtr,2tr,1htr,1dc} in next loop, rep from * 5 times, sl st to dc of previous round. fasten off.

Seven Petal Flower
Rnd 1: 1ch,6ch in ring, sl st into 1st dc.
Rnd 2 : 1dc in same st as sl st, {2ch, 1dc in next dc} 5 times, 2cn, sl st into 1st dc.
Rnd 3: Shell{1dc,1htr,1tr,1dtr,1tr,1htr,1dc} into each 2ch loop, sl st into 1st dc. fasten off.


 For this one I used a yarn that had variable thickness hence the more undefined petal shape. I wouldn't use it again for crocheting  as it was quite challenging to work with. The button is off centre, lucky I haven't sewn it on yet!


And was very excited to get my yarn winder in the post.






Now there is no excuse to start working with my hand spun wool.
 Stay tuned....


And my third piece of bunting arrived. How sweet is this?! 
And I so love the embroidery.


And being thursday can only mean one thing -you must pop over to our creative space for some more inspiration!

7 comments:

  1. Trudi your wool looks so inviting all wound up looking pretty.

    Thanks so much for these flower patterns. They look great with the buttons too.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the patterns Trudy! I'll try my hands on the seven petal flower for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely brooches! Flowers are the one thing I CAN actually crochet, so I might have to give one of these a go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many lovely pieces in your creative space today. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mum will be happy!Crochet flowers are always so cute :)Thanks for sharing too!
    Now your yards look very professional! this winder look really handy, can't wait to see what you make!Well done!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the flower brooches. Great crochet work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. look at all that pretty handspun ! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Much appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...