About Me

My photo
Welcome to my crafty world! I am proud mum to three gorgeous kids, a wife to a supportive husband, and a self confessed craft addict. I am continually inspired to create and would love to share this journey with you. My current obsession is crochet and spinning. I can be contacted at maudeandme@bigpond.com

Wednesday, 26 October 2011

My creative space

It all became clear. 
Back in this post  I wrote about my tea towel dilemma.So simple in the end - just involved cutting and pasting sewing into a square.





Why did it take me so long?!
And I think the crochet edging frames it nicely.


A lot of spinners christen their wheels with affectionate names.
Another revelation came to me this week.
I give to you The Lady and The Tramp.
The Lady (on the left) worth a bit more but prone to hissy fits.
The Tramp a bit of a clunker but reliable and a worker.


Isn't he cute?! He is on his way to Pip's for the The Mirabel Foundation christmas fundraiser.
And my blanket is progressing as fast as I can spin.
Softies For Mirabel

 And last but not least. My husbands stunning work. The coffee side table was a custom order and is now in it's new home. I was also lucky enough to get a new spinning hook and lazy Kate too.

It's Ourcreativespaces time again!

9 comments:

  1. Gosh where do I start..lol The cushion is absolutely brilliant and I would agree with the crochet edging it does finish it off nicely. Love the name of your wheels :D ahaha.. mine is called Miss Funky whilst the drumcarder is called The Beast..lol Your plushy toy and blanket look adorable in those colours and your hubby -> do you hire him out ?! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your crochet work!!! I can't wait to learn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some wonderful creations there! Love the crocheted edge to the cushion! and that table your husband made is amazing!!

    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful work..loving the Tea towel cushions,agreed esp the edging..fantastical :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a creative family!I like how you name your wheels :)Cute cushion great with the crochet edge very Trudi!And good girl for doing your softy already...I must start on mine asap!xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trudi, the teatowel cushion is great! I was recently given some old ones in good strong condition. i think they are begging for a new life as a cushion. thanks! Jane x
    PS. your husband's work is marvellous too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that tea towel cushion!!! The crochet edge looks great :) Your liitle softie is so sweet... some lucky little person is going to love him! Your husbands work looks totally amazing too!

    ps. thanks for popping over to my little blog and your lovely comment! I love that animal game... soooo funny hey!
    Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a creative team you two make! Love the teatowel cushion with the crochet edging, and your blankie is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful creations and I especially LOVE hubby work..wow!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Much appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...