About Me

My photo
Welcome to my crafty world! I am proud mum to three gorgeous kids, a wife to a supportive husband, and a self confessed craft addict. I am continually inspired to create and would love to share this journey with you. My current obsession is crochet and spinning. I can be contacted at maudeandme@bigpond.com

Wednesday, 30 November 2011

My Creative Space

Happy December everyone1
This last month I have been on a mission. I have set myself a task of spinning 50/50 silk and merino to create something gorgeous for my mum for christmas.
These are the stages so far. Sorry I forgot to take pics of the tops before I started the spinning - I was so eager.


 I love the natural colours.....

 but my mum loves grey...

.....so grey it is.

And now I am madly crocheting away. Thought I would have it finished but the lady in question has been staying with us over the last few days  - but I am back on the hook now.
And if you want to see what I am currently spinning head over to 1FUNKYKNITWIT - mine's the citrusy colours.
AND for more creativity head over to ourcreativespaces.

5 comments:

  1. Wow that looks so excellent!! How long does it take you to spin one lot? Ooooo and I love the grey :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the fibers on the reels look so beautiful, you are very clever

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Trudi! The grey looks so shinny love it!Someone will be so happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mum has good taste loving grey -> they're gorgeous !! .)
    ..and I too know what it's like to get right to it and forget taking photos..lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo... I love grey too! I really admire you for being able to spin your own yarn. So fabulous. I'm loving everything in your creative space.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Much appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...