About Me

My photo
Welcome to my crafty world! I am proud mum to three gorgeous kids, a wife to a supportive husband, and a self confessed craft addict. I am continually inspired to create and would love to share this journey with you. My current obsession is crochet and spinning. I can be contacted at maudeandme@bigpond.com

Wednesday, 29 February 2012

My Creative Space

The past week I spent waiting for a new delivery of Bendigo wool. Be warned while they produce lovely yarn, their postal service isn't quite up to speed.
So I had to start something else. It was time to replace the "Winnie the Pooh" rug in my school girl's room.
So out came the Zpagetti yarn from previous projects and an oval rug in dc's. It was very much an "as you go" pattern. There was alot of unravelling and redoing to get the increases right.
A size 12 hook was used and sore muscles were detected.

It is slightly wonky -not a perfect oval. But my daughter didn't seem to notice.
 Her comments were "it's not big enough".

So this is the "Something Pretty" blanket so far. I'm past the halfway mark!!


And I'm back on task. Hopefully the next post will be the finished piece.
Pop over here for more creative types


16 comments:

  1. The blanket looks lovely and rug looks great... doesn't look wonky to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the "something pretty" blanket. So gorgeous, can't wait to see it finished. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blanket is looking gorgeous, and the rug is lovely, I have been toying with having a go with that zpagetti yarn, think I will have to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much work in your creations and they are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the rug! Need to put that on my crafty bucket list:) Cyndy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the rug and yes the blanket is just so pretty.
    Carmel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! YOur rug is amazing..not wonky at all. You clever thing! Wishing you a lovely rest of your week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great rug! I have one of those on my too do list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great crafting and so useful

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great rug! Don't you just love kids appreciative comments sometimes!!
    Very pretty blanket so far too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the rug! I don't see any wonkiness at all! Your something pretty blanket is really very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. cute rug:)....and not too complicated!.... definitely a project I can get behind: ) ...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the blanket even it's wonky not perfectly oval shape. Daughters - wee ones especially - love the fact that you took the time to make something for them and they can see beauty in everything. The blanket is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is something pretty for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. OOH nice! I keep hearing about the Zpagetti thing :) Is it like tee shirt yarn Trudi?I admire your creative energy!
    I hope your water levels are under control, hubby said people were getting evacuated?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you all for such encouraging words!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Much appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...