About Me

My photo
Welcome to my crafty world! I am proud mum to three gorgeous kids, a wife to a supportive husband, and a self confessed craft addict. I am continually inspired to create and would love to share this journey with you. My current obsession is crochet and spinning. I can be contacted at maudeandme@bigpond.com

Sunday, 18 March 2012

Ferry Artists

Last week I decided it was time to create with my handspun yarn.
And as I'm in to quick self-gratification I chose cowls, cowls, and more cowls.

No patterns as such were followed. The first 3 were made with half trebles (uk terms) in the round.


This last one is made up of the V stitch and worked in rows and joined with slip stitch.


They are now available at The Ferry Artist Gallery

And continuing with The Ferry Artist Gallery there is a fabulous exhibition "Distractions"opening on the 24th March with 3 very talented artists Janeane Kay Moore, Jenni-Mae Clissold and Paul Turner.
I can't seem to upload the invite, so click here to view it.
But here is a sneak preview of Jenni-Mae's work.


 I  featured Paul Turner's work on Maudeandme last year here and also Jenni-Mae's here.
I love all their works and it really will be worth a visit , and a great opportunity to see the beautiful Wiseman's Ferry also.
And for more more creativity head over to ourcreativespace.

5 comments:

  1. Ooo - lovely cowls. I particularly the colours you picked for the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing liek a bit of quick gratification I say... They look lovely! Love the colours too! I really must get into making some cowls... you make it look so easy :)

    ps. thanks for the indigo/shibori link... so many beautiful things there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh! Yummy cowls!
    Lovely to meet you via Our Creative Spaces. Thanks so much for stopping by to introduce yourself.
    Now that I have visited your lovely blog space I can see that you are not only kind, you are one clever cookie!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trudi your cowls and handspun look great. Nice work !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the rich colours of the yarn in the last one. Oh my. It's lush. :) I think I'm going to have to go and google V-stitch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Much appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...