About Me

My photo
Welcome to my crafty world! I am proud mum to three gorgeous kids, a wife to a supportive husband, and a self confessed craft addict. I am continually inspired to create and would love to share this journey with you. My current obsession is crochet and spinning. I can be contacted at maudeandme@bigpond.com

Tuesday, 27 March 2012

My creative space


Now don't go into shock but this week saw me complete a knitted project. A simple idea, inspired by this funky lady, but I am considerably slower at knitting than crochet..... And I have a don't go below 4mm needle rule which I had to break so I could use some of my fine handspun merino and silk yarn.


I've been spurred on by quick sales of my cowls from last week to make another cowl from  my own handspun yarn. This one I carded alpaca with a blended colour merino. I love how it turned out and it is so soft to wear too. Might just have to find some more alpaca...



Now available at The Ferry Artists Gallery

 Are you hooked on Pinterest? I am. And I am so glad they have recently made changes to their terms and conditions.
So anyway on the weekend there was a bit of kid crafting going on. This easter idea came from here. I used PVA glue with water(3:1), embroidery cotton and water bomb balloons. Advice: Con/coerce someone to blow the balloons up. I had a few dizzy spells during the process. Be warned the cotton is prone to tangle too.



SO you are now looking at AWARD WINNING easter eggs.
The kids entered them in the "most creative" category at school and won.
WOOHOO! Just quietly I was pretty proud of our family effort :)



Now hop on over here for more creativity

14 comments:

  1. No wonder those eggs are 'award winning'. They're so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those eggs are awesome. nice work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. they look great! I had a go at doing them a few weeks ago and my balloon shrank and everything turned to mush!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your eggs! I have just re-pinned this from your Pinterest, I so want to try that some time soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. those eggs are superb ! No wonder they won!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the eggs
    & the cowl.
    Great job on the award!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those eggs - and so healthy too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cowl, Trudi! And many congratulations to the kids - very cool award winning eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those eggs are fab, i'm mad keen to have a go myself. Your cowl is envy inducing, i love the wool and wish i could knit x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is awesome! Those eggs do look pretty amazing. I bet they were so happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These eggs are on our to do list this week. Looking forward to a week at home with my muchkins before easter.
    Congratulations on the quick colw sales too and the knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am truly admiring that you can do that cowl from the fibres, such an achievement!
    Ahhh pretty eggs, well done! :) My daughter has plan for some baskets with the similar technique will see and thanks for the blowing warning :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. ahahah.. your hilarious Trudi, so glad the kids won. Something had to give for the effort, dizzy spells and tangles..lol A job well done !.. to you and the kids .)

    Yay you and selling your wares, I'm totally thrilled for you! ..they're lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Much appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...