About Me

My photo
Welcome to my crafty world! I am proud mum to three gorgeous kids, a wife to a supportive husband, and a self confessed craft addict. I am continually inspired to create and would love to share this journey with you. My current obsession is crochet and spinning. I can be contacted at maudeandme@bigpond.com

Tuesday, 3 April 2012

The Bower Bird Project

While blog hopping around I often come across amazing arty/crafty shops and places I want to visit. And more often than not they turn out to be in Victoria and Queensland. So when I came across this super amazing shop The Bower Bird Project , just imagine my delight when it was not only in NSW, but in gosford- a short hop and skip up the road (well a 50 minute hop that is). If you are a fan of the handmade upcycled revolution you will  love this place!

This is Leanne, the owner of The Bower Bird Project. She is very supportive of local artists and crafters, and is doing wonderful things for the community (she is currently orchestrating a very hush hush project that is going to rock Gosford!).



Leanne also holds  workshops. Go check them out on her facebook page. And while you are there, a click on the "like" button would be a good move. It is updated frequently with new arrivals.



Here's a glimpse of what's in store.








AND now you can purchase my handspun yarns at The Bowerbird Project.
YAY!! As you might have gathered I am quite excited about this opportunity.
In store are samples which would be perfect for adding a trim or embellishment, felting or free form. 


And then a few skeins for a larger project such as beanie, scarf or cowl. 
Just in time for the cooler seasons.
The blue skein was spun from the rollags I posted just here on Sunday.

For more creative goodness be sure to check out ourcreativespaces on Thursday.
Now I am off  to get messy with some dyes and wool.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like an absolutely lovely shop Trudi. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a lovely place, Trudi. Your yarns look wonderful. Will you tell us more when the hush hush project gets revealed later on?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love those sample cards of your yarn. They look divine! & the skeins are gorgeous colours! Great work! Good luck with them instore!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would spend hours in this shop and you would be kicking me out the door at closing time. I love Leanne's blackboard - such an immediate sense of community. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely! And to have your yarns there - the colours are gorgeous:) Cyndy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean... there always seems to be great shops happening everywhere else but NSW!!! Good to hear that about The Bowerbird Project!!! Conrgatulations on having your yarn in there.. how exciting for you :) Love all the colors too! Do you sell your yarn online?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can recommend Trudi's Cowl's- they are warm, easy to wear and absolutely beautiful... I am saving up my money to buy more!! Jenni-Mae x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Much appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...